Five tips for retail video surveillance
Whether you have a fashion boutique or a gas station, monitoring your retail operation offers benefits far beyond just loss prevention. Security video can be used in a multitude of ways to increase productivity, safety and sales. Here are a few tips for maximizing the benefits of retail video surveillance.
1. Consider installing a monitor display in a conspicuous place to alert patrons that they are being watched.
2. In addition to monitoring merchandise, strategically direct cameras to monitor entrances and exits, cash registers, and the parking lot. When it comes to preventing loss, minimizing liability and maintaining security, the more coverage is always better.
3. Select rugged, vandal-proof dome cameras to be installed in areas where there is risk of tampering and vandalism.
4. Monitor the stock room and employee lounge with IP cameras to keep an eye on your staff and inventory.
5. If your store has dramatic lighting, windows or glass cases, select cameras featuring wide dynamic range. WDR ensures images are properly exposed and evenly lit, an especially important feature in scenes with high contrast lighting, back lighting or glare.
VideoSurveillance.com has everything you need for implementing retail video surveillance in any retail setting.